Our SES volunteers come from all walks of life, all backgrounds and all professions. In fact, the main thing SES volunteers have in common is a desire to make a contribution within their community. Some of the activities that contribute to the community is through storm and flood response, road crash rescue, remote area search and rescue and public relations/community events.
I wanted to give you an opportunity to get involved in this fun and important show of support. There are a number of ways in which your organisation can show your support for the SES volunteers, including:
- lighting an iconic building or statue in orange (e.g. Leven Bridge at Ulverstone will be lit with orange lights);
- hosting a morning or afternoon tea with a dress up in orange theme;
- advertising WOW Day in prominent areas of your workplace; or
- promoting WOW Day on your various Social media sources.
To help you with this the WOW Day website (www.wearorangewednesday.com.au) contains a variety of ideas and downloadable resources to aid in becoming involved, the site contains:
- social media tools;
- suggestions for WOW Day activities; and
- a media kit containing posters, selfie frames and other resources.
If you’d like to participate, please contact Colleen Ridge